ABCs and Rice
Nourishment for the Children of Cambodia
ABCs and Rice is different to most Non-Government Organizations (NGO) schools in Siem Reap. In addition to providing a much-needed free education in English and Khmer, we offer various food programs to nourish the children’s bodies as well as their minds.
Education in Cambodia comes at a cost, perhaps small by western standards, but often unattainable to the impoverished in the region. ABCs and Rice recognize education as a right that every child should have, as well as the key to breaking the cycle of poverty.
ABCs and Rice offer free education, nutrition and healthcare to the rural children of Siem Reap in the Sala and Kroligne Village areas. It is a safe-haven for children otherwise exposed to child labour, abuse or worse.
Families struggle through overbearing poverty; and in attempts to get at least some of their children an education, they often leave one or more children home to work. ABC’s works closely with the village chief and key community members to target those most in need, and offers a hand up.
ABCs and Rice differ to most NGO schools in Siem Reap because we feed the children’s bodies as well as their minds.
Why Not Volunteer?
ABCs and Rice school and the Full Belly Farm rely on volunteers from around the globe, where you can have an enriching experience that you’ll never forget.
Planning a trip to Siem Reap? Looking for ways to give back?
Volunteering with ABCs and Rice offers a chance to utilize your talents and passion, learn new skills, build friendships and memories to last a lifetime and create change in the lives of those less fortunate.
For more information on how to volunteer with us please;
1. Contact ABCs and Rice directly: [email protected]
2.Contact Globalteer, a volunteer placement organization that we are proud to be working with.
3. Contact ConCERT Cambodia, a responsible tourism volunteer placement organization that we’ve proudly collaborated with for many years.
Passionate ABCs and Rice representatives in all areas of the world are welcomed and needed.
If you’re in Canada, Australia or the UK, we have representatives that we can connect you with.
- Please; like us on Facebook and share your passion and ABC experience with friends and family.
- You can help from home…help us to “Be the Change” through speaking out, or hosting an event in your community.
- The team at ABCs and Rice appreciates all of your efforts and can help you with ideas and motivation as you become an ambassador for change.
For more information about volunteering in Siem Reap visit our Volunteer Section and find out how you can help.